Posting Guidelines (Mon 21 May 2001 till Fri 31 Jan 2020)
By accessing, viewing and/or using the web sites and resources currently located at Funkygrad Forums, the user (hereafter known as "You" or "Your," as appropriate) agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the Forum constitutes acceptance of all terms of conditions as stipulated here. If You do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not post or otherwise access the Forum.
1. No Advertising - Advertisements and all other forms of solicitations are inappropriate on this Forum. You are also not to use this Forum to promote other forums or web sites.
2. Respect other people's time and bandwidth - When You send email or post to a discussion group, You're taking up other people's time (or hoping to). It's Your responsibility to ensure that the time they spend reading your posting isn't wasted.
When You post the same note to the same newsgroup five times, you are wasting both time (of the people who check all five copies of the posting) and bandwidth (by sending repetitive information over the wires and requiring it to be stored somewhere).
3. Do not post repeated topics - If You start a new thread on a topic which has been talked about to death previously, You probably will not receive many responses from the Funkygrad population, since those who have voiced out their opinions before in the exact same topic would most likely keep mum about it.
Use the Search function to find out if whatever information You are seeking has been posted before posting a question.
4. No Off-Topic posts - Please direct all posts not related to the topic and/or personal conversations to the Private Messaging facility.
Do not post comments that don't add anything to the discussion. Be considerate. Don't let those one-word responses degenerate to the point where nobody is able to follow them any more.
5. Use descriptive and specific subject lines - This helps others decide whether Your particular words of wisdom relate to a topic they care about. Avoid open-ended subject lines or questions which nobody can provide with a relevant answer. Be as precise as possible when You ask questions. Provide a short or simple background on the rationale behind the question and how it can help You. The more precise Your questions are, the more accurate your responses will be.
6. Use good English - We advovate the use of good Grammar. It also reflects that you think before you post and you are considerate to members who are trying to read your posts. Do not post in short forms that You use in 'SMS, IRC and ICQ'. Make it a habit to think out what You want to say and express Your postings in complete English.
7. No Spam - We do not tolerate postings of the same topic/message to two or more forum category.
8. No Personal Attacks - We will not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks or self-promoting messages.
Do not participate in a thread merely to criticize or mock other members in the thread.
9. No Harassment - We do not tolerate the harassment of other members via Private Message, postings, emails or other means.
Should any of the above terms be violated, we will delete, edit or move messages without notice. We will also deny access to anyone who has violated the terms of this agreement, or to anyone else for any reasons, which we need not disclose, or for no reason.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by You or by this Forum.
Although this Forum does not and cannot review all the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete, edit or move any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this Forum, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We will comply with the requirements of the law regarding disclosure of information transmitted via our site to others, including law enforcement agencies.
You agree to indemnify and hold this Forum, its officers, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Forum or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.