Your Shout Campus Happenings Lifestyle Reviews Talk Back Lifestyle Events Member's Console

Nightlife Review: Izakaya Nijumaru
posted 4 years ago
Travel Review: Shilin Night Market
posted 4 years ago
Fashion Review: Marcella Tailor
posted 3 years ago
Tech Review: Garmin nüvi 1350, GPS
posted 4 years ago

Capture the essence of campus life at The Funkygrad Gallery
Campus Journalists Wanted. Contact the editor now!

No event today.

Login:
Password:
Remember my ID on this computer
No account? Register for your free account now!
Lost your password? Click here to retrieve it.

Who Is Online?

0 member, 100 anonymous users

Newest Member

phenfrank (phen)

Funkygrad
  Tech Gear
Handphone Accessory: Belkin Car iPhone Charger

Author Topic: Handphone Accessory: Belkin Car iPhone Charger
gabrielgnjl

Total Posts: 101

Product: Belkin Car iPhone Charger
Price: $30

Verdict: recommended
Why: iPhones run out of battery WAY too fast. For anyone who drives, leaving a charger in the car will save you on a daily basis

Main Review:

Let me just say that iPhone's battery is simply not good enough. Albeit true that the phone is basically one big battery, and for its massive performance capabilities it is amazing it can last this long as it is, but precisely because the iPhone has so much utility, we need it to have super-charged batteries. Well it does not. So we make do, by having the ability to charge it almost anywhere. We charge it every night when we go to sleep, and we bring around usb chargers with our laptops, and we have spare chargers in the office or in handbags.

Despite all that the iPhone still seems to fail us once in awhile. Well to top that off, the car charger is a great addition to the arsenal of the iPhone army.

First off, while driving, you will almost never use your phone anyway. Or at least you should not be using it. I hope none of you guys SMS while driving. Especially on that touch screen. So charging for that twenty minutes while driving will probably help your iPhone last for another two hours for that day.

The Belkin charger I have has already lasted me through two iPhones, and it has served me well. It has not caused me any problems, so yes I do feel it is worth paying the extra ten bucks or so for the Belkin brand name compared to a random brand you can buy at a pasar malam. On top of its lasting usage, the Belkin charger also charges the iPhone at an amazing speed. Admittedly I have nothing to compare it against, but in a short drive of about ten minutes, my iPhone charges by about 20%, which is usually all I need in those dire moments before it dies.

Yes I am aware that my dependency on my iPhone is worrying, but I cannot begin to describe how many times having a charger in the car has helped me. It is a daily matter of perhaps forgetting to charge overnight, or excessively long phonecalls, streaming 10 youtube videos in a row, and suddenly realizing the battery is dying with the whole day ahead.

It is also exceptionally helpful on roadtrips. Including this once I drove up to Melaka, it is a MUST to be playing music and letting passengers occupy themselves with iPhone games. A lifesaver, I promise.

If I had to say I did not like this charger, I would struggle to come up with anything. But well, $30 does make me feel the pinch, considering the gazillion accessories that the iPhone already requires.

Also, the wires tangling up around the gear box, or tissue box, or Aux wire connecting to the radio, is really something you do not want to affect you in the middle of changing gears while driving.

Lastly, the connection into the lighter compartment does come loose occasionally.

IP Logged

<< Next older topic | 1 | Next newer topic >>

All times are EST.

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Move Topic | Delete Topic | Edit Subject

Jump to:  

© 2000-2012 FunkyGrad.com. All Rights Reserved. FGPortal ™ Public Beta 2.0