Your Shout Campus Happenings Lifestyle Reviews Talk Back Lifestyle Events Member's Console

Nightlife Review: Izakaya Nijumaru
posted 4 years ago
Travel Review: Shilin Night Market
posted 4 years ago
Fashion Review: Marcella Tailor
posted 3 years ago
Tech Review: Garmin nüvi 1350, GPS
posted 4 years ago

Capture the essence of campus life at The Funkygrad Gallery
Campus Journalists Wanted. Contact the editor now!

No event today.

Login:
Password:
Remember my ID on this computer
No account? Register for your free account now!
Lost your password? Click here to retrieve it.

Who Is Online?

0 member, 100 anonymous users

Newest Member

mickeykord (mickey)

Funkygrad
  Tech Gear
Your favourite digital camera brand

Author Topic: Your favourite digital camera brand
elly

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 746

What's your fav brand and what are you using now?

Mine is a Canon and I love it to bits! Bring it everywhere I go!

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 687
used to love canon and insisted I get canon cameras next time. but got a sony camera last year and there's a lot of interesting functions to be explored. using the right settings enhances the photos and I love them to bits too. follows me wherever I go. and I think the colour of the camera is quite attractive too.

not using a touchscreen one though. won't it be awkward to have a touchscreen camera? as in, will you end up touching some of the settings accidentally?

IP Logged

doublethea

Total Posts: 88
Mine's a canon too! Aiming for dslr soon though, but the current one has manual settings for me play around with, so the pictures actually turned out pretty good.

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

guess as long as there's functions that we can meddle around with, both are good enough to produce good images.

i heard olympus is durable. how about fujifilm? wonder anyone using these cameras!

IP Logged

37degrees

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 303
I have fiddled with Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, and to a lesser extent, Nikon, and even Casio, and must say that Canon ranks low in image reproduction in my personal assessment, although I can understand why it tends to rank high in popularity polls (especially with girls), because of aesthetics and ease of use.

I was an Olympus fan until I had a chance to lay my hands on first a Cybershot then a Lumix. Although Sony has better design (sleek), I would pick Panasonic if I can only choose one.

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

That was a really good assessment on camera. Are you an avid photographer? I agree on your personal assessment on canon's image reproduction... But only with comparison to Sony since these are the two brands I've tried. Sony is getting nice in terms of aesthetics too! thus more popular among girls as well.

Olympus gives good shots too? Is Lumix's steadyshot better?

IP Logged

maomel

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 437
quote:
Originally posted by 37degrees:
Canon ranks low in image reproduction in my personal assessment, although I can understand why it tends to rank high in popularity polls (especially with girls), because of aesthetics and ease of use
On the contary, I rank Canon's image quality better than Nikon. The colours are richer than Nikon's. Nikon's colours tend to be less vibrant.

IP Logged

37degrees

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 303
slrs or point-n-shoot?

IP Logged

maomel

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 437
Both Canon SLRs and Point and Shoot have better colors than Nikon in my opinion. But Nikon's usability and design is better.

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

wow seems like I have a lot more to explore on! but kinda lazy. since it's just my hobby, can take nice pics can already. having you people around can allow me to know which camera to buy next time =p

IP Logged

proxious

Total Posts: 2
canon and nikon

IP Logged

FunkyFashionista

Total Posts: 9
They say Nikon is the best, but I own a Olympus DSLR...

IP Logged

boss2030

Total Posts: 1
I love Nikon

IP Logged

jenna

Total Posts: 16
Me too. All for Nikon. I had a very basic one on my travels and it was pretty slow sometimes. But it has all these built-in features to optimize for different settings, and they work well despite being a fairly cheap digicam. Anyway, between all the travellers, they always said I had amazing pictures -- but I had the cheapest camera. So I fell in love with it again. Going to get the new adventure cam soon from the Nikon rangeof cameras.

IP Logged

Prakhar

Total Posts: 5
quote:
Originally posted by elly:
What's your fav brand and what are you using now?

Mine is a Canon and I love it to bits! Bring it everywhere I go!

Canon and Nikon

_______________________________________ ____
surface 2 pro promo code

IP Logged

CharlesWillson

Total Posts: 41
Canon is my preference but Sony is getting nice in terms of aesthetics. Both are good for me.

IP Logged

CharlesWillson

Total Posts: 41
quote:
Originally posted by FunkyFashionista:
They say Nikon is the best, but I own a Olympus DSLR...

I also think that NIKON is very good. Hope now you will go with NIKON.

IP Logged

<< Next older topic | 1 | Next newer topic >>

All times are EST.

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Move Topic | Delete Topic | Edit Subject

Jump to:  

© 2000-2012 FunkyGrad.com. All Rights Reserved. FGPortal ™ Public Beta 2.0