Your Shout Campus Happenings Lifestyle Reviews Talk Back Lifestyle Events Member's Console

Nightlife Review: Izakaya Nijumaru
posted 4 years ago
Travel Review: Shilin Night Market
posted 4 years ago
Fashion Review: Marcella Tailor
posted 3 years ago
Tech Review: Garmin nüvi 1350, GPS
posted 4 years ago

Capture the essence of campus life at The Funkygrad Gallery
Campus Journalists Wanted. Contact the editor now!

No event today.

Login:
Password:
Remember my ID on this computer
No account? Register for your free account now!
Lost your password? Click here to retrieve it.

Who Is Online?

0 member, 100 anonymous users

Newest Member

mickeykord (mickey)

Funkygrad
  Around the World
bali

Author Topic: bali
hootie_inc

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 1997

anyone been to bali recently?

quite keen to go since its much quieter and peaceful now
should be cheaper too right
hootie_inc

IP Logged

droplet

Total Posts: 90
Depends on what you define as quieter and peaceful, coz from what I know many Singaporeans have snapped up dirt cheap Bali tour packages and having a helluva time over there so most probably your peace and quiet would be disrupted. All the Bali tour packages have been sold out and there'll be another run of packages again. So well enjoy the economics of terrorism. Guess there's something to be thankful for despite all the mayhem and bloodshed.

IP Logged

architec

Total Posts: 1
Not recently though, although the last time I was there had a hell of a great time at ubud. Great place, with lotsa restuarnts with great ambience, and great prices. Kuta was great for surfing too although not so sure about it this time of the year!

IP Logged

effy

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 821
My friend told me how they have become so poor, it's a lil' dangerous. As in your money and all, better be careful.

And she was like forced to braid her hair when she din want to, at a ridiculous rate.

But I want to go there though, perhaps during the study week

IP Logged

hootie_inc

Ultra Senior Member

jus got back from a heavenly time in bali

and im happy to report that
bali is good

despite everybodys fears of another round of bombs
we still stayed in hard rock hotel, ate at hard rock cafe, macdonalds, lounged by starbucks, watched charity shield in a pub filled with ang mohs and chewed wrigley's chewing gum.

its all good.

and thank heavens,
that despite the constant travel alert warnings
from uncle bush and friends,
the women were still out in full force,
getting 50 cents drunk in the clubs,
getting cold wet from the surfing,
needing suntan lotion out on the beach,

its all good.

as for all the annoying hair braiders and oil massagers,
jus smile and say no.

let love in
fear is only in the mind
hootie_inc

IP Logged

golgolex

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 792
Oh, so that's where you were. In Bali. Was wondering where you had gone. Your posts were noticeably absent for a while.

IP Logged

Justin

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 1118
That good? Are the people there still worried aoubt terrorist attacks?
Hope you got a good deal hootie, apparently now is the time to go there since its cheaper.

IP Logged

hootie_inc

Ultra Senior Member

no. not really.

hard rock hotel is not a good place to stay in bali
too many handphone ringing singaporeans, obnoxious chinese indonesians, retired flabby australians, fat and loud americans and non-stop chattering aunties.

call me a sexist, but i need my booty fix.

the pool was nice tho. so was the long suffering staff. and the excellent chocolate brownie served poolside.

if you're into the branded hard rock experience, then nothing in kuta comes close. big time security, big stretch bedroom, big meals servings and long hallways framed with nearly identical lead guitars

hootie_inc

IP Logged

ganelon

Total Posts: 2
Yup, now really seems to be the time go bali...

My friend is going end of the month and she was showing me pictures of where is stay. From the looks of it really seems like paradise... Dirt cheap as well... Bali stopover to melbourne on garuda airlines for $400++ only....

But then there is always the terrorist thingz esp recently the marriot hotel blast... What a dilemma...

IP Logged

guitar

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 2790
went to Bali with my wife earlier this year, stayed at a 5-star secluded resort.. the package was cheap, $500 per pax for 3 nights & return flight which included 90 min spa everyday.

That said, we didn't like Bali at all. Didn't like the people, didn't like the culture.. oh well.. that is our view.

Phuket was a lot better. (went recently) It was cheaper, people were more friendly and the sights were better. (eg James Bond island)

The flight and hotel was cheaper too!

IP Logged

Yue

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 304
Never been to Bali yet but just went Phuket in July. People were very frenly! To the extent that the roadside stall owner took a pic of me with my fren when we dined there..

I like Phuket, will definitely go back there again. Nice scenary, cheap everything, frenly people, wonderful memories

IP Logged

vortex

Total Posts: 13
Yeah Hardrock hotel is not worth spending on. The ocean view may I add overlooks a hugh cluster of run down atap houses and dirt roads.

The beach is nice though. A lot of kawaii babes and hunks. And it's a nice long stretch. Nice for endless strolls.

But if you're on budget, stay at the local guest houses. It'll cost $10 a day with hot water and breakfast.

Rent a van & a driver too. Can go up to Nusa Dua and Lovina beach and get a driver who can double up as a tour guide. And as hootie_inc has said. IT'S ALL GOOD!

IP Logged

ellen

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 521
I wonder, do you guys go on WIND-SURFING and all the outdoor beach activities? I am going to Bali this coming December. I am looking forward to the beach. . . .

Was it the heat that keeps you guys away from the beach?

How is the beach? is it clean?
Can we swim in the clear water?

IP Logged

guitar

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 2790
yah tell us about your trip later this year. Wonder what Bali is like now.

IP Logged

<< Next older topic | 1 | Next newer topic >>

All times are EST.

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Move Topic | Delete Topic | Edit Subject

Jump to:  

© 2000-2012 FunkyGrad.com. All Rights Reserved. FGPortal ™ Public Beta 2.0