Does your bf need to drive? - [forum] funkygrad.com - Singapore's Student Lifestyle Portal
Your Shout Campus Happenings Lifestyle Reviews Talk Back Lifestyle Events Member's Console

Nightlife Review: Izakaya Nijumaru
posted 4 years ago
Travel Review: Shilin Night Market
posted 4 years ago
Fashion Review: Marcella Tailor
posted 3 years ago
Tech Review: Garmin nüvi 1350, GPS
posted 4 years ago

Capture the essence of campus life at The Funkygrad Gallery
Campus Journalists Wanted. Contact the editor now!

No event today.

Login:
Password:
Remember my ID on this computer
No account? Register for your free account now!
Lost your password? Click here to retrieve it.

Who Is Online?

0 member, 100 anonymous users

Newest Member

jacksparly (jack)
Singapore Management University

Funkygrad
  Relationships
Does your bf need to drive?

Author Topic: Does your bf need to drive?
Name      :
Password :
   Remember my Login

Smile Frown Embarrassed Big Grin Wink Stick out Tongue Stick out Tongue Kiss Cool Roll Eyes Approval Suspicious Evil Mad Eek Confused Dead Look Hot!
Bold Italics Insert URL Hyperlink Insert Email Address Insert Bulleted List Quote Display Image
Message (help):

Disable Smilies in this post.

mason

Community Chief

Total Posts: 204

quote:
Originally posted by doublethea:
For me, it's really about having a car, but I'm sure girls would love the view of their partner driving.
I want a car too! But honestly taking a cab is much cheaper than owning a car, and it only makes sense to save money, doesn't it?

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

Total Posts: 687
having a car is cool. having a bf tt has car is like adding a new thing to the list of things to show off! haha. well, cabbing is cheaper, true, and you can spend some more time cuddling with your partner. make sure you send the gal home first then! basic gentleman's role! hahaha. and if the girl really love you, she wont mind taking bus with you until 80 years old one. LOL. bus ride so much sweeterrrrrr. hahaha

IP Logged

FicklMe

Total Posts: 124
It all differs. In terms of practicality, having a car in Singapore isn't an excellent choice, unless you can really afford it without any struggle.

But, think about it. It's about what you're looking for. Someone who drives down to pick you up for a 10minutes ride home? Or someone who rides with you on a 30minutes bus/train trip till the end?

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

that again, links to another topic on ideal age to get married. if you are looking for someone who has got car, unless tt person's family is rich, otherwise, u've gotta wait LONGER for him to earn enough money to owe a car. i'll be touched to have a bf who sends me home no matter what, even though it is time-consuming. girls should be appreciative if they have such bf, not just being materialistic and follow blindly.

IP Logged

FicklMe

Total Posts: 124
Yea, true. Then again, there ARE girls I've known of who are really particular about their boyfriends having a car, so that they get free lifts and even enjoy the 'status' of having one. Personally, I find such materialism awfully sad. Law does not state that the male has to purchase a car if he already has to be the chauffeur. If the gentleman needs the car, he buys it. Likewise, if the lady needs one to travel on, she should buy it. It doesn't really matter who's driving, because driving itself could be a chore. Just my opinions though.

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

yea lo, I would love to have my own car too HAHAHA. be realistic la, not materialistic. car is so expensive to own. know your own limits first. like me, I know I wont get a car in the near future. HAHA. but can work towards it, if you really want.

driving is cool. but sometimes seeing your bf acting cool can be quite humourous too! HAHA. bt don't act too often la. overdose won't be good.

IP Logged

guitar

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 2790
Cars are expensive. Don't over-stretch yourself.

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

haha yups. it's not a necessity also.. able to sustain life is more important than anything else.

IP Logged

doublethea

Total Posts: 88
quote:
Originally posted by mason:
I want a car too! But honestly taking a cab is much cheaper than owning a car, and it only makes sense to save money, doesn't it?

Oh no. I forgot to add in a "not" in my sentence. My bad. I actually meant "it's really NOT about having a car, but I'm sure girls would love the view of their partner driving."

Whoops =x

Speaking of cabs, their surcharge rates drives me crazy.Seriously.

Then again,if you take a cab, the girlfriends won't be able to see their boyfriends driving!
But yes, you're right,saving money should be prioritized.

In the end, it's still the choice of every different individual. Having a car has its advantages and disadvantages.

IP Logged

pinebabe

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 1132
actually the topic is not whether you want to drive or not. It's about whether your boyfriend needs to drive or not

IP Logged

es-star91

Very Senior Member

cabbing during peak hour is insane I swear. for me I won't say I wan my bf to drive when I know him. but it would be good that we both work towards that common direction, a more affluent lifestyle? afterall what most people seek for is a more comfortable and convenient life eh?

IP Logged

guitar

Ultra Senior Member

Total Posts: 2790
Then work very hard.

Also look for a very capable guy.

IP Logged

<< Next older topic1 2 3 | Next newer topic >>

All times are EST.

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Move Topic | Delete Topic | Edit Subject

Jump to:  

© 2000-2012 FunkyGrad.com. All Rights Reserved. FGPortal ™ Public Beta 2.0